This is my triumphant return to blogging! I think. Three kids feels like more than 2 did. That could be because it is. Nick and I together are outnumbered and me, myself am ridiculously outnumbered. Right now I’m trying to type through Owen chatting to me about animals and lullaby music blasting for the baby. I guess I’m telling you that because I know there are typos and I can’t even imagine what the sentence structure is coming across like. Does it make sense? Probably about as much sense as having 3 children 3 and under.
This is my general segue back into blogging. I thought it would be extreme to jump right back in with my birth story. I hope I can continue to keep up with the old bloggy, but from the ghostly look I now relate to in the eyes of mother’s of three, I’m thinking the exhaustion is going to come for me.
Some highlights from my life:
- Henry likes being held upright a lot. Henry already weighs 10 pounds. Soon I’ll be ready to arm wrestle a bear.
- My body is lumpier than I could have ever previously imagined it could be. Not great.
- I think I’ve broken some sort of Guinness World Record for “number of butts wiped.”
- Someone is always touching/talking to me. Most of the time more than one person is touching me. 99% of the time someone is talking to me.
- This is the shape of my body now:
- Had previously experienced incontinence when sneezing or exercising. Now experience when lounging and casually standing around.
- Feel upset about the state of my body. Remember Henry weighed 9 pounds. Feel better.
- Baby cries. Toddler cries. Pre-k-er cries. Mommy binge eats.