My friend Drea posted this a few days ago, and I figured I would steal it! Hey, she invited me too! Lord knows I need some good ideas for blogging. Drea’s blog is really self reflective and wonderful, mine will probably be self deprecating and far from serious, but you never know. I could surprise you.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes. My broseph had baby number three, my super cute baby niece Fiona.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes. I had a miscarriage. I was really hard and really sad.
5. What countries did you visit?
I lived in a far away land this year. It’s called “Mississippi” and while it is part of the continental US it sure doesn’t feel like it to me. I miss you Nordstrom!
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
That’s easy. Energy. How does one get that? Veggies?
7. What dates from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Sewing things. Many things. Also, buying purple skinny jeans.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Housekeeping. At least we didn’t get roaches. Oh wait, we did. Southern Living.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Yes. See #4
I also had some really weird physical manifestations of having a giant boob. Like my rib cage completely shifting and having my hips misaligned which made it hard to get up and down. I’m not complaining, I was asked. Physical Therapy was meant to remedy that, but I stopped going because I got knocked up. My bad.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Anything from J.Crew. Yeah boy! (In case you thought I was a baller, I’m referring to J.Crew Factory Outlet. Sale Rack)
Oh, and Nick got an iPad after I shattered his laptop by dropping it from a high distance onto the tile floor.
12. Where did most of your money go?
Food! So embarrassing!
13. What did you get really excited about?
New Girl. Every Tuesday is hands down my favorite day.
14. What song will always remind you of 2012?
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
– happier or sadder? Hard to say. This time last year I was still recovering from my chronic mastitis flair ups, which takes captive all energy you had, have, and will ever be in possession of. I would say I’m more dead inside, but don’t worry about that.
16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
18. How did you spend Christmas?
In Mississippi. It always breaks my heart a little to miss Christmas Eve with my family, but I got to Facetime with everyone (Bless you Apple iPad!) Then Nick and I had Christmas together, then he went to work for three hours b/c he was CDO (Command Duty Officer) and there was some sort of ocean emergency, then we ate a bomb turkey Nick brined in a bucket outside, then we hung out with Robin’s family.
19. What was your favorite TV program?
Oh man, I already said New Girl. Next favorite? Nashville. Then, Once Upon a Time. Wait! I forgot about Game of Thrones! You can’t just ask a TV addict what their favorite “program” was (is this the 1940’s?)
20. What were your favorite books of the year?
Always Harry Potter. Oh good Lord I read at least 20 books. Here, I’ll make a list.
I can’t even remember what I’ve read this year.
21. What was your favorite music from this year?
John Mayer’s new album was really good. He also apologized for being such a butthole on Ellen, and the songs on his album seem to reflect that. He cut himself from society for awhile in Montana. I highly recommend “Will Grace’s Submarine Ride” if you listen to nothing else.
Taylor Swift and Justin Beiber because I’m in middle school.
22. What were your favorite films of the year?
Pitch Perfect. Skyfall. The Lucky One. October Baby. Oh, and if you’re a mom watch “What To Expect” with other moms. Not super funny, but a fun watch with friends.
23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I’m 27. I’m like the crypt keeper. What did I do on my birthday? Oh yeah, I flew back to Mississippi from San Diego. Six hours on a plane, cranky baby, morning sickness. Birthday dream! But then Robin had me over for Spaghetti Pie and chocolate cake a few days later and Nick cleaned out my car, which was magical. I think he found like three ancient baby diapers and a kilo of cheerios.
24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Not living in Mississippi.
25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
Large shirts. Billowing shirts. Had to hide my giant boob and then after I quit breastfeeding I had to hide my entirely too saggy boob and pregnancy skin flap. Go on, keep reading if you haven’t thrown up in your mouth yet. Oh, and scarves. I wore a lot scarves in 2012.
26. What kept you sane?
Was I sane in 2012? The cat. So, I guess I just answered my own question.
27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012.
Life is very, very precious. “A person’s a person no matter how small” Not that I didn’t know it before, but it sunk in a little deeper this year.
28. Song lyric that sums up the year:
I’m Fine (and nothing’s gonna knock this girl down)
I’m hella positive for real
I’m all good, no
I’m Fine (and nothing’s gonna knock this girl down)
It’s kind of complicated that’s for sure.
No Doubt- Settle Down
“With my first breath I drew in depravity,
Needing your mercy even in my first hour.
I’m proof the cross is as able today
as when the Lamb was slain on the alter of God.
I feast my eyes on how you satisfy my soul”
Bethany Dillon- Satisy
“I heard the doctor, now what did he say?
I knew I was fine about this time yesterday.
But I don’t need answers, well I just need some peace.
I just need someone who could help me get some sleep.
This isn’t easy, this isn’t clear.
And you don’t need Jesus, until you’re here.
The confusion and the doubts you have
Up and walk away, they walk away.
When a heart breaks.”
Ben Rector- When a Heart Breaks