1. What did you do in 2016 that you’d never done before?
Sent a kid off to Kindergarten. This really causes you to turn an editing eye on your parenting like when you’re laying in bed reflecting on your day and you think, “I really hope Owen doesn’t talk about his nipples at school tomorrow.”
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Here it is- and I quote:
“Next year I would like to cut down on my sugar intake, because my teeth are turning into jellybeans.”
Spoiler alert: I didn’t cut down on my sugar. In fact, if an autopsy is ever made of my body it will beg internists to ask the question- Is this a human body or just a giant gummy bear?
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Some of my close girlfriends had babies and I lurve it. Welcome to the club. The club where you don’t know words anymore because ya tired.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Feeling pretty torn up about Alan Thicke. (I’m not)
5. What countries did you visit?
NorCal. California. Monterey. It feels like a different country. You’re not allowed to have plastic bags here. If you forget your reusable tote they’ll charge you monies for a paper bag.
6. What would you like to have in 2017 that you lacked in 2016?
Oh wow. I mean, if my butt were toned I’d feel like I could do anything! The world would be my oyster!
So the answer is “toned butt.”
7. What dates from 2016 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
I can’t remember dates. My kids are lucky if I remember their birthdays correctly. “You were born…. mid to late June-ish?”
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Caravaning across the country with all of our children and both our cars in 7 days. Nick and I only flipped each other off once, and that’s the Grace of God showing up big time.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Consulted Nick- He thinks all the times I tried to feed our family borderline raw proteins. But, if it looks cooked on the outside, how is a person supposed to know?!
*Currently Googling ‘Worst Cook in America’ applications*
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I threw up for 3 months. Now I have my back taped with PT tape so I can walk because before I was not really able to. I sort of hobble around like an Igor in maternity tights.
The Lord keeps showing up in my weakness- and showing me how tied up in my own strength I am.
11. What was the best thing you bought this year?
I want to say the maternity pillow that I found for 2 bucks at a bargain fair. Yolo!
12. Where did most of your money go?
Coffee, groceries, children’s clothing. I kept listing hoping that the list would become less boring, but I guess this is who I am now.
13. What did you get really excited about?
This year, the answer is Jesus.
14. What song will always remind you of 2016?
Ragga bomb- Skrillex
Nick listens to this while he studies and I literally can’t even. Because you think you know someone and then- Skrillex.
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
– happier or sadder?
– thinner or fatter?
I moved to California- so you’ll never know. How could you? I’ll give you a hint though- I failed my gestational diabetes test.
– richer or poorer? samesies
16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
I wish I had done a YouTube challenge. Off the top of my head I wish I had dabbed or water bottled or been filmed when I fell in the parking lot at Giant last winter and had that go viral.
17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Evicerate couples on House Hunters with my quick wit. Sure, the amount of times she’s mentioned her gluten intolerance is ripe for mockery, but she’s a people too. #compassion
18. How did you spend Christmas?
Here in Monterey with Nick’s mom and our lil goon squad. Here was our picture with Santa.
19. What was your favorite TV program?
– The Crown
– Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell
– Game of Thrones (Jon Snow LIVES)
– of course New Girl, Brooklyn 99, and strangely, Bob’s Burgers
20. What were your favorite books of the year?
– Extravagant Grace By Barbara Duguid
-Parenting by Paul David Tripp
-The Discipline of Grace by Jerry Bridges
– The Light Between Oceans by M.L. Stedmen
– This is Awkward by Sammy Rhodes
21. What was your favorite music from this year?
Sovereign Grace errything.
22. What were your favorite films of the year?
Zoolander 2. (This is not farcical. I really thought it was hilarious)
Zootopia. Good on so many levels.
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.
(Read as Stefan from SNL)
I nerded out so hard. Nifflers. Ariana Dumbledore. Hufflepuff. Gellert Grindelwald. A DEMIGUISE? Erumpent horns.
I caught myself dreamily clutching my hands to my chest thinking the thought “This is SO magical!” Which is something few things can do. Usually I just think- this movie can eat my farts!
23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I got Mexican with my family and you could see otters gamboling around the bay. Oh, and I’m 31. And pregnant. With my fourth baby. So you can imagine what kind of wild party that was.
24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurabley more satisfying?
Do you ever just feel like you want to do Dubsmashes with your friends but your friends live on the opposite coast as you?
25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2016?
26. What kept you sane?
I hate being serious- but deleting a lot of apps off of my phone and replacing them with the Bible app.
27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2016?
The thought “I’m probably not ovulating” is reckless and 100% wrong.
28. Your guilty pleasure?
Cadbury Fruit and Nut bars.
29. Song lyric that sums up the year:
This is how I told Nick I was pregnant. ( I know it looks like there is one line, but trust. There are two.)